Just kidding, no one’s on myspace anymore. Except sexual predators. Are you a sexual predator? If so, please don’t follow me. On myspace or anywhere else.
- Week 52: Why You Should Nev… by miraclewhip
Have you ever seen a taxi driver and thought, “That’s the life for me?” Sure you have. Who wouldn’t want to let total strangers into their car in the dead of night? Or deal with wasted people vomiting all over their carpets? Or spend hours a day stuck in traffic? Now you’re probably saying to[...]
- Week 51: Why You Should Nev… by miraclewhip
Growing up, my sister was the queen of sleeping in. Bears used to visit our house for tips on hibernating. And if you were the poor soul tasked with waking her up, you were embarking on a life-threatening mission only Navy SEALs could understand. But there was one thing that could get her out of[...]
- Week 50: Why You Should Nev… by miraclewhip
Let me tell you about Denise. You got your girlfriend flowers for Valentine’s Day? Ha. You got your boyfriend tickets to a basketball game? Psh. Denise hired someone to come to her boyfriend’s place at 8:00 AM and serenade him with a rendition of “Kiss You” by the band One Direction. Now let me tell[...]
- Week 49: Why You Should Nev… by miraclewhip
Odd Job: Shoveling Snow Pay: $44 For most kids, snow days were about sledding and hot cocoa. For me, they were about money. Starting at age eleven, every time it snowed, I would go door-to-door offering my shoveling services, and frequently clearing $150 for five or so hours of hard work. This year, when it[...]
- Week 48: Why You Should Nev… by miraclewhip
Denny The Dentist’s office was about what you’d expect from a company with such a classy name. Their door was adorned by a cartoon tooth triumphantly holding a toothbrush and giving a sparkling white smile. It was the kind of picture that was cute and charming until you started thinking about the idea of a[...]
- Week 47: Why You Should Nev… by miraclewhip
My friend and I stand in the middle of a convention center, the two of us squeezed into one jumbo-sized T-shirt, playing the role of conjoined twins for the amusement of the passersby. At this point I don’t even find these gigs strange. They are just normal. This is my Friday. John Hargrave– the founder[...]
- Week 46: Why You Should Nev… by miraclewhip
How often do we really haggle with someone? Maybe when we buy a car. Or a house. Maybe once every couple years. We’re always told not to settle for the first offer, but man do we do a lot of settling. But this week I decided to start asking. Asking if I could have things[...]
- Week 45: Why You Should Nev… by miraclewhip
The real victims of the time I learned how to make balloon animals were my roommates. Our apartment overflowed with deformed flowers and guitars that looked like strap-on dildos. The constant nails-on-chalkboard sound of balloons rubbing against each other was only interrupted by the gunshot sound of balloons bursting. The place stank of rubber. But[...]
- Week 44: Why You Should Nev… by miraclewhip
Perhaps the best job listing I ever saw was from a man who needed help scheduling a time for a doctor’s appointment. It read, “Please take a doctor’s appointment for us. Take 2-3 times from the doctor and check with me to see what works best. Once confirmed with me, confirm with the doctor and[...]
- Week 43: Why You Should Nev… by miraclewhip
You may not believe this, but I’m not famous. I know what you’re thinking: A 27-year-old who spends a rather inordinate amount of his time in pajamas, cranking out blog entries that are primarily read by his friends and family, how is this guy not famous? I know. It’s crazy. Like all Americans, I dream[...]
- miraclewhip about Week 50: Why You Should Nev…Thanks Tristan. Believe me, there is no one who more wants a video of this than me. The girl who …
- Tristan about Week 50: Why You Should Nev…Story's such as this make me wish there was a video, in fact I say we should always have a …
- jacob about Week 42: Why You Should Nev…Hi, I’ve been recently a lurker close to your blog for a few months. I love this article along with …
- Renee about Are You Okay?I'm glad that you are ok, sad for those who are forever changed by this direct hit and still trying …
- scott moore about Are You Okay?Well said Jonathan.
- about Are You Okay?Thank you for sharing this. I am glad you are OK.
- Cristina Pucelli about Are You Okay?Well said Jonathan. I am glad you're ok. I miss you. <3
- Bruce Mehler about Are You Okay?Very nicely put, Jonathan. And I am glad you are ok.
- Margi about Are You Okay?This is breaktakingly beautiful. I came here because Linda Holmes @nprmonkeysee tweeted a link to this post and I'm so …